Resolved
3.7
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jan 04

A rep from corporate called and honored my coupon.

Update by user Jan 04

My faith in Torrid has been restored! A rep from the home office called me personally today and was able to grant my request and honor the coupon. She explained this should have been honored from the beginning.

Original review posted by user Dec 29, 2017

I have had to call Torrid 4 times in the last 3 months regarding various orders. Once to place an order because their site would not allow me to use the coupons, I had to hold for over 30 minutes.

The second time I held for over 20 minutes. Last week I had to email the about an order placed in November that I never received. Over a week later I finally get a response saying it didn't go through. It did because I had a confirmation and they had emailed me that one of my items was sold out and couldn't ship.

Fine, this week I tried replacing my order using a Haute cash coupon they gave me with printed redemption dates of 10/6/17-1/9/18. The code wouldn't work online so I had to call again. I spoke to someone who clearly did not know how to listen, he kept repeating the same thing over and over. I asked for a supervisor 6 times, and was denied each time until I finally flipped out.

He agreed to honor the coupon for me if I placed the order, so I did. $250 of which I was supposed to receive $100 off. I even sent a picture of the coupon to their email, which he didn't have access to... The order went through and then he tells me it will take a few minutes to show up and that I should call back.

I did not just spend 30 minutes on this call to call back and go over it all again. He gave me his operator number and claimed his name was Nelson, and said if I sent an email again with the coupon and his name and operator number, they would honor it. Today I get the response saying they won't honor the coupon. I called.

Poor girl.. She claims she tried to help, but Nelson didn't leave notes in my order.

She supposedly spoke to a supervisor, they denied it as well. Now this order has shipped, which is a miracle considering their recent track record with ridiculously long shipping times of two weeks or more, so I'm stuck with all of it at a much higher cost than expected, or stuck paying to return all of it.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Clothes, In store staff, Sales.

I didn't like: Website, Customer service.

Comments